There is a message on my chalkboard that never made it to the world wide web. It reads: "be back soon! It's finals week". It felt more like finals month! My husband and I have been hard at work studying and finishing projects for the end of our semester. Along with this month came some adventures and interesting finds. Here's what has happened since I was away in no particular order.
1. Thanksgiving. A time to be with family and eat delicious food. We spent half of the time with family in Disneyland and the other half in Arizona - who knew November, could be so warm!
2. My husband's birthday. He is a big fan of the Zac Brown Band, so for his gift I got him tickets to their tour in January.
3. Finished the entire Fablehaven series. My husband argues that they are better than harry potter. Well, that might be a stretch, but they are sooo good. Also, Seth doesn't die... Don't worry.
4. Picked up my guitar after six months without it and found out I married a country singer.
5. Was featured on generation-t's website. That was a Christmas present in itself because I have been a fan of their books for years.
6. Did I mention finals? I was working on many time-consuming projects and presentations. I'm glad they are done, but I have to admit that I enjoyed my classes and I’m excited for the next semester. Among working with clients such as Children's Miracle Network and L’Oreal Brandstorm, I was reminded why I love my major. One particular project involved creating a logo and marketing an alternative energy. It was so much fun to focus on the details and movement of a mark.
7. Discovered anthology. It’s a magazine about living with substance and style. I found it while shopping with my grandmother in Anthropologie and found an inspiration piece that I can't wait to share! Stay tuned...
8. Tried a delicious cheddar ham chowder along with a dance program or two from my lovely sister in law. She was beautiful and shared this soup recipe. I'm a sucker for good soups... And this was a good soup.
9. Had an art piece on display through a favorite art class in college.
I meant to make it to 10, but I can't think of anything else at the moment. It has been a busy month, which has given me lots of ideas for future posts. As soon as I get home from Christmas break, I promise you will be the first to see them. But for now, I’m going to enjoy the season, being with family, and great foods. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday filled with warm memories and beautifully wrapped gifts.