Nancy is one of my first sponsors and the artist behind the cute little etsy site called Kibbles n Knits. Not only is she a fiber artist and blogger, she also designs jewelry! You can visit her shop on the left column of the page and also enter a giveaway on her blog!
I am in love with the pistachio earrings above! Everything on Nancy's site is so cute - she even has kits to turn your own vintage fabrics into custom jewelry for the special people in your life. What a unique gift to keep the memories of a special quilt or outfit alive forever.
Today Nancy is sharing a tutorial inspired by the fabric trims at her local craft shop. There are always so many colors and textures to choose from and I'm glad she thought of a use for them!
trim from fabric store
fabric glue (make sure it dries clear and is washable)
2 large jump rings
1 small jump ring
1) Pick out your trims from the fabric store. 1/2 yard will be more than enough (even if you make a mistake or decide to experiment).
2) Gather your materials.
3) Feed one end of the trim through the large jump ring. Fold end over the ring and back onto itself. You need at least 1/2 inch of trim to secure the end.
4) Line up any pattern on the trim so the finished product looks clean and even.
5) Glue the end of the trim to itself.
6) Press and hold for 30 seconds.
7) Open the small jump ring. Feed the clasp and large jump ring onto the small jump ring. Close the small jump ring. NOTE: Never just pry open a jump ring like you are cracking open a fortune cookie. Instead, gently twist the ends away from one another (one goes away from you, one goes toward you). Set clasp and rings to the side.
8) Wrap trim around your wrist. Cut the trim with enough room to fold back over the jump ring and match up any pattern in the trim.
9) Feed end of trim through the jump ring, fold it back on itself and glue. (You are repeating steps 3 - 6.)
10) Let glue dry for 15 minutes.
11) Cut loose ends of the trim close to the glue. At this point, you may need to add more glue to the very edge to prevent the trim from fraying.
Let your bracelet dry completely before wearing it. The glue used in this bracelet can be washed. However, to keep your bracelet looking gorgeous, take it off before you swim, bathe, or shower.