DIAMOND SCALLOPS MACRAME
Finding the right materials to use can take so much time, effort and money, which is why I have created an exclusive supply list for you. I reveal the exact materials I use, as well as substitutes that would work well. This pattern was designed to work with a number of supplies, so your finished piece will be unique! Simply follow the links below to order your supplies.
*Non-USA Makers: I have tried to include sources for international supplies as well! These come highly recommended, although I have not ordered from them myself. If you have a source (anywhere around the world) you recommend, please let me know! If I haven't found a source in your country, try searching the internet in your country for something similar, using the keywords I mention below.
YOU WILL NEED
25-33 ft of 5/8" soft cotton rope
15 ft yarn (any color)
3 ft thin rope or yarn
SOFT COTTON ROPE
- In the video, I use 33 feet, but have rope to spare. You can make the project larger or smaller depending on how much you use.
- You can also use a thicker or thinner rope just as easily, (1/2" - 5/8" is similar to what I use), which will also change the size of the finished project. Play around and make it unique!
- I use a (5/8" or 15-16mm) 3 ply rope and unravel it, but you can also use a (12mm) single ply rope - just make sure you have 3 strands for each length!
THINNER ROPE OR YARN
- This is to wrap around the top of the project to separate the hanger from the scallops. I use a 3 ply 4-5mm rope, but you can also use yarn.
- ANY yarn will do. This is just to add a pop of color within the scallops of macrame. Here is the exact yarn I use, which should be readily available online and in your local craft store.
Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Dusty Blue